Friday, December 18, 2009

Less Than Two Weeks to Take-Off

Two weeks from today I will be on an airplane headed for Dubai. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with all that I still have to accomplish. But, as my husband reassured me last night, it will all get done and we will be with Oliver soon. Most of the stress comes from the work we have been having done on the house. Our house has been rearranged and taken apart so many times in the last few months I am a little tired of it all.

Our floors were refinished this week and I was blocked from our basement and laundry room. I managed to gather together Oliver's clothing that we will take but still have to wash it. I am just pleased that the big work is done on the house and I don't have to keep putting our house back together and I can concentrate on putting together Oliver's room.

Tonight we're FINALLY breaking out the indoor Christmas decorations. The finish on the wood floors will be set and we can put up the tree without fear of destroying the floor. We had to break the news to Chloe that we weren't getting a real tree this year. We just don't want to have to deal with the needles on the floor and our 6-month old puppy trying to eat the tree or drink the water from the base.

We've got a long list to accomplish this weekend. I am now on the search for a diaper changer (we never got one for Chloe and I am not changing diapers this time around on the floor or beds). I took Matt to BrU, but he didn't like any of the diaper changers there (I know, I know, its a diaper changer for goodness sake).

I just keep repeating...It's all going to get done.

4 comments:

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

No to mention the puppy thinking the tree is something to pee on! LOL!

Good luck with all the prep!

Debbie said...

Woo Hoo!!! You are almost there.

Are you looking for a changing table? I didn't get one, but instead got a contoured changing pad that sits on top of the lower dresser. Works perfect and after potty training is done, you still have a usable dresser. Changing tables aren't that useful after potty training. At least not in my opinion.

Shannon said...

Thanks for the suggestion Debbie. I found a changing table I liked on line so I looked up the manufacturer and found that they make a dresser the same height and size as the changing table. I just ordered it. You're right, it will be more useful in the long run.

MommaT said...

Yay, I am so excited! I finished my shopping today, now I only need last minute snacks, magazines/books (which I won't read) and packing! Too bad my hubby is leaving Christmas day and won't be back until 2 days before we leave! Have a blessed holiday, and take a deep breath:)