Friday, December 4, 2009

It's Official

We got the information via email from our agency director. Tonight was the tree lighting in our town. I took Chloe to Chinese school, which is in our downtown, and then we met Matt at a restaurant. Downtown for the Holidays is a big deal in our village and everybody comes out for it so we meet and see lots of friends and neighbors. Also, my cell phone reception in our downtown is sketchy. Apparently our agency director tried to call me but I didn't receive it or hear it. Right before the countdown for the tree lighting I pulled out my cell phone to use it to take a photo. That's when I saw the email response to "RE: Court News?" from our agency director. I opened and saw the word "ratified" and gave Matt a big kiss and shared the news.

I didn't speak with our agency because it was 7:30 p.m. EST so I don't know any details. From what I gather, our agency only knows we were ratified and does not know the date. I expect we will get lots more information next week. Right now we are just excited about the good news.


6 comments:

Ang said...

WOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!


SO So Happy for you!

Blessings~
Angie

MommaT said...

I emailed you what they said about embassy dates. We should know next week hopefully. This is so great!!!!!!

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Congratulations!! Thanks for the award!

rachel said...

congratulations!!!! i am so, SO happy for you!

thank you also for the blog award! i am honored that you would think of me! :)

congratulations again! blessings on your journey to Ethiopia!

Mel said...

PTL - wonderful news!!!

Debbie said...

Yay! Congratulations mommy and daddy!!!! This is great news and I'm so very happy for you.