Monday, October 5, 2009

160 Days Waiting

160 days can be converted to one of these units:
13,824,000 seconds
230,400 minutes
3840 hours
22 weeks (rounded down)

The time and date website is probably my most visited site on the internet. I use it to number crunch and speculate the date of our referral. When I see someone post their referral news, I go to the date/time calculator and calculate their wait time. Why I do this I don't know. Its not helping me in the wait---especially when the wait times are shorter than ours. {SIGH}

It also seems that the Ethiopia courts did not reopen this week as expected. Word on the rumor mill is that they are to open sometime the week of October 18th. People that were given court dates for the expected reopening of the court have been rescheduled to that week. Our agency told us that they didn't expect a backlog of court cases after the reopening, but they told us that that before the courts didn't open as expected. {SIGH}

In my number crunching tonight, I came to the realization that our winter break vacation we scheduled all so many, many months ago is going to have to be rescheduled. We made plans to escape the Northeast winter and head to Costa Rica in February. IF we get our referral in the next month I predict we will travel to Ethiopia in January 2010, not giving us enough time to either get a visa for Oliver to go to Costa Rica or get his green card and certainly not his certificate of U.S. citizenship and U.S. passport. I haven't rescheduled anything yet, just taking it one day at a time and checking the calendar for the school break date in March or April. {SIGH}

4 comments:

Ang said...

Hi Shannon,

I know. I really do. Although our ticker says 3.5 months, we've been praying about adopting since November 2007, so it seems as though I've been pregnant since then. This morning as I was praying and doing my devotions, I read, "Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your heart on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." Col. 3:1-2 It gave me peace as I read it and thought about where my mind is most of the time lately. Not just focused on the "wait", but focused on other insignificant things. God has invited us to participate in one of His greatest miracles-adoption. Now that's something to think about. That's something to meditate on. May God grant each of us waiting mommies peace and perseverance as we finish this last leg of the race. Blessings to you...Angie

MommaT said...

Every day is a day closer to our precious children! Hang in there, our time is coming...

Debbie said...

I just checked out the ticker. We've been waiting 124 days or 4 months and 2 days. I think I'll skip the days, hours and minutes because the days and months are easier to handle.

Looking forward to seeing some referral action soon. Hopefully you'll be part of the action.

Mel said...

I'm with you Debbie :-)
All for some referral action.
We're at exactly 4 months one week as of today.

And true, every day is one day closer.

Blessings,
mel