Friday, October 9, 2009

WE HAVE A SON!!!!


We got the call from Tami at 3:54 p.m. today that we have a son!! I was caught completely off guard. I almost didn't answer the phone as Chloe and I were playing Le*go Star*Wars on the Wii*!! Glad I picked up the phone!! Tami asked if I was having a good day and I told her I was pretty sure I was going to have a great one now! After Tami double-checked our email address to send the report and photo I asked her to send it to Matt---I then couldn't remember his email address I was so excited.

Until Oliver is officially declared our son by the Ethiopian courts we cannot post any identifying information.

Matt is on his way home and we are going for Ethiopian food tonight to celebrate.I know there are other referrals for our agency today so I am eager to hear all about them!!


11 comments:

Mel said...

I was just about to go to bed, but though I'd check your blog again - CONGRATULATIONS!!!
So excited for you!!
Blessings,
mel

MommaT said...

Yeah we got a boy too! We must compare notes...my email is mommatheis@hotmail.com...congrats!!

Ang said...

Yeahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! So so happy for you....

Blessings and Love in Christ~
Angie

Debbie said...

A big Woo Hoo and congratulations to you!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Congratulations!! How exciting.

Sha Zam- said...

Congratulations!! SOO EXCITING!!

MommaT said...

I have to laugh, not only have we both adopted from China, our paperwork was in ET on the same day, we both got similar referrals and I noticed on your "referral call post" we have the same phone:)

Christie said...

That is awesome! So happy to hear about your good news!

We loved Toukoul and Dove!

~Kristen said...

Congrats Shannon, Matt and Chloe...

Can't wait to hear more about the wonderful addition to your family!

Kristin said...

Congratulations!! We are on pause right now, but will go with Dove as well. The team is just so wonderful:) A son! wow!

Becky and Naing said...

Yeah! So excited for you. I so found the wait after the referral much easier. I'm in the minority I know. Hope your court date comes fast and is smooth.