Monday, September 28, 2009

5 months Waiting


I have to admit that I broke down and contacted our agency last week. I wanted to know their take on the "scandal", the exact dates the Ethiopian courts reopen (opening this week) and if there would be a backlog and how much longer we had to wait.

The response back was very nice and put me to ease. We were told that though they don't know where a family stands in the referral process that they didn't expect that we would have a longer wait than expected---the average wait is still 4-6 months. In other words, we should be getting our referral in the next month. I hope they are right!!!



5 comments:

MommaT said...

I hope they are right too. I am glad you called them, I have wanted to:) I feel all edgy and antsy..ugh! Not much longer for you at least..we may wait a little longer if they decide to let us adopt 2 but we won't know until it happens:)

Ang said...

Bless you for calling. I'm getting a bit antsy, too, and we've not even waited 4 months. I think I'm as antsy for all of you in your 5th and 6th months as I am for us.

We're in this together...

Blessings to you~

Angie

Mel said...

that's nice to hear. we're with the same agency and just entered our window today (4 months of waiting) - i'm antsy, too :-)

Julie said...

When did your agency say they were reopening? Just curious? It's hard waiting!
www.theavilateam.blogspot.com

Shannon said...

The Ethiopian courts reopened on Tuesday, September 29.