Wednesday, May 13, 2009

This is Harder Than I Thought

I am accustomed to the adoption process through China---at least we know where we stand---in a very long and slow moving line at the moment. The Ethiopia adoption process is not so clear cut. You don't get a LID and you don't have a clear idea of how many referrals are coming out and at what pace. You just wait, wait for the call. It could be 6 weeks from now, it could be 6 months from now. Having no idea on when, that's the hard part. Its much harder than I imagined.

Last night Matt and I were discussing our referral scenarios and I realized I should start researching and making plans to start our immunizations for our travel to Africa. I also have a long list of to do items to baby-proof the house. Chloe is not going to be happy, but I have to sort through some of her toys and put away the ones with the little parts that can choke infants.

Since our dossier is in Ethiopia, I no longer have a list to check and double-check. I need to create one. So, without further ado, here's my pre-referral/pre-travel to do list:
  • find out what immunizations are needed and get have Matt & I get immunizations
  • have our travel/referral conference with our agency
  • get Oliver's room painted
  • baby-proof the playroom
  • sort through Chloe's toys and babyproof
  • purchase new stroller
  • purchase co-sleeper

That's it for now. I am sure I will be adding to the list.

1 comment:

FHL said...

It's a great start! My list starts with a yard sale this weekend to turn the toy room into a nursery!

Thanks for stopping by our blog :o)

M~