Sunday, April 5, 2009

Losing My Mind

Funny story...now that our dossier is almost complete I am eagerly anticipating when it will be finished and sent to Ethiopia so that we can move on to the waiting game. According to my husband, Matt, I go completely neurotic when I get close to finishing a dossier. I apparently become an utter nutter.

We knew that we had a few adoption-related items to complete yesterday--get our passport-sized photos taken and get our introduction letter notarized. We had a fundraiser to attend last night and I had to help set up for it in the morning. After setting up I came home and we all had lunch together. Afterwards, Chloe started playing and Matt sat down in the recliner for a nap. I seized the opportunity to grab our dossier and give it a once over and see what else needed to be completed. I got so engrossed in checking over the dossier that I glanced at the clock to see that it was 12:48 p.m. I went into super freak-out mode and started yelling, "We have 10 minutes to get to the bank before they close!" (to get our paper notarized). Matt popped out of the chair from his slumber, grabbed his shoes and coat while I assisted Chloe in finding her shoes (which I didn't tie).

We rushed to the bank in the car all the while with me shouting, "we're not going to make it!". I pull into a parking spot, avoid paying the parking meter and rush into the bank like a stark raving lunatic with Matt and Chloe following behind. It was only then that I found out that the bank didn't close for another hour. After the bank, Matt and I got our photos taken and we came home after another errand. We had been gone about an hour when we pulled into the driveway to find that our dog was waiting patiently in the yard--as we rushed out of the house without bringing her back inside.

The moral to my story is that I must have baby on the brain. Our dossier should be sent off next week to Dove barring any unforseen circumstances. One of our reference letters has to be re-written and notarized again as I realized that the notarization expires in 2009, which is a no-no, the notarization should be a year or more from the date the letter/paper is notarized, so it had to get redone. Tomorrow our state authenticated I-171h should arrive. Once our new reference letter arrives we will be done with the paper chase and on to the waiting phase.

Hopefully my neuroticism we lessen, but I highly doubt it.

No comments: