Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Checking In

Our adoption agency called yesterday to check in. Our China-only agency never calls (and this is our 2nd go-round with them). Made me wonder what was wrong. The lady at the agency just wanted to know how things were going and if I had any questions. Made me worry---are we taking too long to get this dossier done? I mean this is our 3rd (or 2nd) adoption---we don't ever just get a call to check in unless we call you! Right? Apparently not with our Ethiopian adoption agency.

During our conversation, we did uncover that we have to re-do the letter from Matt's employer. He got a pay increase and it needs to reflect his current salary since our homestudy will too. Not too hard to do. Matt is getting it done today.

In the meantime, we are waiting for our home study draft to be evaluated and then the final copy should be coming our way. In some good news, our adoption agency told us that the I-600a/I-171h process has been going relatively quickly since other international adoption nations have gone to the Hague and now require the I-800.

I so want the home study complete so we can move to the next phase....waiting for referral!

No comments: