Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Off to the Post Office

I am about to set out to the Post Office to mail the three remaining documents needed to release our homestudy. Our social worker never returned my call so I called the homestudy agency and left a message. It was returned on Tuesday and I finally got to speak to someone this morning that told me that we were actually missing 3 documents---a general declaration (that we actually completed with our social worker in September), a notarized reference (of which I had an original) and Chloe's adoption decree. After two moves, we have paperwork scattered here and there. I found the decree, in Chinese, which I hope is ok. It does say "Adoption Certification" at the top and have our names on it. The search for that document proved that I must sort and organize the boxes and boxes of documents in our basement!

I am off to the post office to mail these documents to our homestudy agency. Wish us luck that these three docs will finally release our homestudy.

No comments: